September 15, 2022
This newsletter is once again jam-packed with a whole lot of “but wait…there’s more.”
Welcome to Kristin Worstell
Kristin will be our new database analyst and helpdesk support. She comes to us from Community Corrections and has spent the past several years expanding her education and credentials to become a database analyst. Kristin has an associate’s degree in cyber security, bachelor’s degree in criminal justice, and masters degree in data analytics. She also has two dogs, Batman and Harley Quinn, and five cats. We’re excited to have her as part of the Evergreen Indiana Admin team and also grateful to Bob Jackson for assisting in her onboarding training.
Executive Committee Date Change
The October Executive Committee date has been moved to Wednesday, October 5. This will be a non-voting meeting via Zoom. The link for this meeting is in the calendar event listed on https://evergreenindiana.org.
Regional User Group Meetings
Registration for Evergreen Indiana Regional User Group Meetings is open. Please join us to learn about new features in Evergreen Indiana 3.9 and meet up with Evergreen Indiana colleagues in your region. Register Here
- Central – October 25, 9 am CT/10 am ET, Hussey Mayfield Memorial Public Library, Zionsville
- Northwest – October 27, 9 am CT/10 am ET, West Lafayette Public Library, West Lafayette
- Northeast – October 28, 9 am CT/10 am ET, Kendallville Public Library, Kendallville
- Southeast – November 1, 9 am CT/10 am ET, Jennings County Public Library, Mount Vernon
- Southwest – November 4, 9 am CT/10 am ET, Mitchell Community Public Library, Mitchell
Library IQ Demos
The Library IQ Platform provides tools to see and understand your library’s data across key areas of operation. The final demo, covering patron and demographic analytics, will be Tuesday, September 27 at 10:00 a.m. CT/11 a.m. ET. Evergreen Indiana and the eContent Committee are also looking at ways to make this product available to member libraries at a significantly discounted rate. To find out more by attending this demo, register here.
Local Administration Refresher
The Executive Committee voted on June 8, 2021 to require all staff with local administration permissions to receive ongoing training to retain their credentials. As a result of this vote, all staff accounts with these permissions must belong to one unique individual and a record of that individual’s training will be maintained similar to those with Cat1 permissions. To make this requirement meaningful and accessible, two local administration refresher courses have been scheduled for those individuals who have already taken the Evergreen Fundamental Skills course and now only need to complete an annual refresher. The two scheduled courses will be identical, recorded, and cover topics related to library management using the Evergreen ILS. These events are listed in the calendar at https://evergreenindiana.org and are eligible for 1 TLEU.
- Wednesday, October 19, 1 p.m. CT / 1 p.m. ET – Register Here
- Friday, October 21, 9 a.m. CT / 10 a.m. ET – Register Here
Annual Cataloging Refresher
The Cataloging Committee has voted that this year’s annual cataloging refresher will cover new cataloging features in Evergreen Indiana 3.9. Because this upgrade will include features from two major releases of the software, it’s been determined that covering these features in greater depth than a broader new features overview would be helpful. All individuals with Cat1 permission are required to maintain their status as certified cataloger by participating in yearly training. Participation in one of these scheduled events will fulfill that requirement. Others without Cat1 permissions are also encouraged to participate. The two scheduled courses will be identical and recorded and are eligible for 2 TLEUs.
- Monday, November 7, 9 a.m. CT / 10 a.m. ET – Register Here
- Wednesday, November 9, 1 p.m. CT / 2 p.m. ET – Register Here
Cataloging Committee Updates
On September 1, the Cataloging Committee approved these additions and edits to the procedures guide:
- The addition of a procedure for audio-enabled books. This can be used for material such as Wonderbooks and VOX books. This was added to the Mixed Material and Miscellaneous Formats section of the guide. Here’s a direct link.
- The section called “Scholastic, Kohl’s Cares, Dolly Imagination books” was updated to “Corporate/Organizations Versions” since there are more versions being released by stores (Walmart, Kohls, etc.).
Evergreen Indiana Upgrade Testing
Evergreen Indiana will be upgrading to version 3.9 this autumn. We are hoping to have multiple testing environments set up at different times to make sure everything is in working order before launching the new version in early November. If you are interested, please fill out this form.
You do not need to be a technological wizard to help with this. We specifically need help from individuals in their libraries regularly. We will be testing all aspects of the software which means anyone can participate.
Dates of Note – Please refer to the calendar at http://evergreenindiana.org for more details.
- Patron Services Committee – Tuesday, September 20, 9 a.m. CT/10 a.m. ET
- EIPP Quarterly Invoices Available – Tuesday, October 4
- EI Reports Interest Group – Tuesday, October 4, 9 a.m. CT/10 a.m. ET
- Executive Committee – Wednesday, October 5, 12 p.m CT/1 p.m. ET
- EI Cataloging Interest Group – Thursday, October 6, 9 a.m. CT/10 a.m. ET
- Circulation in Evergreen Indiana – Wednesday, October 12, 9 a.m. CT/10 a.m. ET
- Holds & Transits in Evergreen Indiana – Thursday, October 13, 9 a.m. CT / 10 a.m. ET
- Library Card Buying Pool – October 17-23